Keeping your life organized can seem like a monumental task. However, with the right approach, it can be achieved and has the potential to make you happier. One of the components of organized life is a clean home. To get that, you can search for “cleaning services near me” and hire professionals for the job. Let’s check out how you can get an organized life.
- Habits and routine – Everyone develops habits and routines over many years and those routines and habits have the subconscious power of affecting your actions. Some of those habits are consciously developed while the others are simply the outcome of life’s inertia. You need to intentionally build up good habits that make you feel good about yourself and set you up for long-term success. If you allow life’s inertia to build bad habits, you lose time, money, happiness, and health.
For instance, the good habit of getting the recommended 8 hours of sleep gives your brain the rest it needs and helps you stay focused during work. On the other hand, if you go with the flow and get just around 4 or 5 hours of sleep, you’ll be sloppier at work and be more irritable. That’s why you need to take time and assess your current habits. Keep and develop habits that help you reach your goal and chuck out the rest.
However, developing habits requires a goal so that you are motivated to subconsciously turn it into a routine. For instance, if you want to get fit and more active, then try to use your free time to get more exercise. Usually, most people tend to scroll through their social media feed on their small breaks. Instead, you can take that time to stretch out and do some light exercises. That way you burn calories and get a dopamine boost to make you happier and more productive at work.
- Create a schedule – Life is full of unpredictability. While most of it is out of your control, creating a schedule can help in many ways. You have tools like calendars and to-do lists to help you create a schedule. Set aside a few minutes of your day to plan out upcoming days and major events throughout the weeks. For instance, if there’s a presentation coming up next week, you can add to-dos for a few days before that and work backward so that you are well-prepared.
While some people find schedules and planning ahead for the week to be stressful, it can have the opposite effect if you do it right. For instance, if you’re sticking to the schedule and see that you’re not letting significant events like anniversaries and parent-teacher conferences slip through, you feel more accomplished, happier, and more in control of your life.
- Don’t go against your nature – Some folks go overboard when they are trying to organize their life. Trying to live an aspirational life isn’t wrong as long as you’re not trying to craft habits, routines, and practices that go against your very nature.
For instance, veganism is a commendable way of life that combats climate change, helps you develop a healthier heart, and keeps cute animals out of the slaughterhouse. However, if you love a good steak and reward yourself with an expensive one every time you accomplish something amazing, then you shouldn’t force yourself to go vegan. The same holds for waking up early at 5 AM. For certain professionals and those who are very productive and night owls, waking up at 5 in the morning is impractical.
Even if you are able to stay vegan or wake up at 5 in the morning for a few days or a couple of weeks, you’ll go back to the juicy steak and regular schedule eventually. Instead, you need to be realistic and commit to developing habits that you can stick to in the long term. Go for habits that you are naturally inclined to. If you hate going to the gym, get your workout by joining a fun recreational sports team. If ironing isn’t your thing, buy clothes that are only made from wrinkle-resistant materials.
- Prioritize – Division of labor exists for a reason. Everyone can’t do everything. Instead, they focus on things that they are good at and earn a living by putting their skills to good use. The same needs to happen when you organize your life. Make time for the important stuff and prepare to drop a few balls on the way. Doing everything necessary to organize your life in the most perfect way is impossible. That’s why prioritization is key, and you are free to decline certain things that don’t help you achieve your most important goals.
For instance, you need to prioritize things that you’re good at, give you an opportunity to learn and grow, and serve your long-term goals. You can leave out activities that don’t have a high impact on your life. This allows you to make more efficient decisions that help you make better use of your time and energy.
- Simplify and declutter – Cleaning and decluttering are a big part of organizing your life. While cleaning services make that easier, you can’t afford to hire one every day. That’s why you need to figure out a way to minimize the mess. Your mind can’t be at peace if your workspace and home are a mess.
Decluttering and getting rid of useless and distracting stuff from your work desk and home can help create a neater and more inspiring space. Sometimes, life feels more chaotic when you’re surrounded by too many things and need to think about too many things. Simplifying helps you organize and discover that happiness is closely linked to the phrase “less is more”.
When you develop the proper habits and establish practices that help steer you in the right direction and make your life more organized, you are more content and stay happy. Fortunately, everything doesn’t need your intervention. You can search for “cleaning services near me” and hire pros to keep your home clean and organized.