Wetrooms can be completely waterproof, which means that you don’t have to worry about the entire area being wet. However, if the room is not completely waterproof, you may consider getting a shower screen so that other parts of the room will not be damaged if they get wet. Aside from this, there are other benefits that you can get from having a shower screen installed in your wetroom and here are some of them.
- Avoid slipping. One of the benefits of having a shower screen in your wetroom is that it maintains the water in the shower area so it doesn’t reach the other areas of the bathroom, which can be damaging if they are not waterproof. Even if the entire room is waterproof, you may still consider getting one installed to avoid water on the floor, which can cause slipping. This is even more important if you have elderly family members or people with mobility concerns in the house.
- Convenient to clean. Wetroom shower screens are quick and easy to clean. They are frameless so you can conveniently clean the glass, and not worry about mould growing on the screen. You can use soap and water for cleaning the screen. There are also cleaning products that are designed to clean glass like wetroom shower screens that you can buy in the market.
- Room will still look spacious. Although the shower screen will serve as a divider between the shower area and the rest of the wetroom, it will not look too compact because the glass will let you see through the space. It will still look like an open area making you feel that it still has enough space, especially for wetrooms that are not that big.
- Add more storage. You can place something on the other side of the shower screen that is not on the side of the shower area, like hooks, which will let you hang towels or clothes. This is beneficial especially for wet rooms that do not have enough storage as owners of these wetrooms have a tendency of leaving their towels on the floor.
- A classic feel. Traditional bathroom setups have a bath and shower. However, many homeowners are now choosing to have a shower only instead of one with a bathtub because it saves space and it also gives a modern feel to the room. However, others may feel that a wetroom without any divider or barrier can feel too open and they may not be comfortable with it. This can be resolved with the use of a shower screen.
Since shower screens do not have frames, make sure that you purchase one that has the right thickness so it can stand on its own and it won’t break easily.